Sony Walkman 128GB WM1 Series NW-WM1AM2: Compatible/DSDDSD 11.2MHz Native Playback PCM 384kHz/32bit Playback/Equipped with DSEE Ultimate DSD Remastering Engine/Aluminum Rear Cover/Uses Sony Proprietary FTCAP3 Capacitor
- Equipped with Android OS. Long-awaited streaming support. Power supply enhancement, digital block power supply, and grind enhancement/stabilization provide thorough noise countermeasures. A discerning internal design that minimizes sound quality reduction so that the digital block does not adversely affect the analog block.
- Aluminum is used on the back. By using integrated aluminum, it achieves even higher rigidity than the previous model. Adoption of new gold solder, achieving the ultimate sound quality by manual soldering. In addition, a 4-core Kimber cable is used for the headphone cable for internal balanced output. Blocks external noise and delivers high-quality audio signals.
- FTCAP3 is adopted for all the bypass capacitors of the audio block power supply. Further tuning of the capacitor internal structure. Utilizing the development know-how of stationary home audio equipment, it contributes to the improvement of sound quality by improving vibration resistance. In low phase noise oscillators, crystal blank electrodes are formed by gold vapor deposition.
- Equipped with DSEE Ultimate/DSD remastering engine Using AI (artificial intelligence) technology that learns a huge amount of music data, it analyzes the scene of the music in real time and upscales it to optimally high sound quality. Bit expansion and sampling frequency have been increased to extend up to 192kHz/32bit equivalent. By using AI (artificial intelligence) technology, the type of music is automatically determined, and in addition to the high range, the reproducibility of fine sounds is further improved. Evolution of upscaling technology in lossless codec equivalent to CD (Flac 44.1kHz/48kHz). Equipped with a "DSD remastering engine" that converts all input PCM sound sources to DSD signals equivalent to 11.2MHz. Sony's original algorithm converts to DSD signal without losing the amount of information in the original data. Evolved from 5.6MHz of the previous model to 11.2MHz.
- Enhanced battery life. Up to 40 hours of continuous playback.
Share this Product